Sunday, September 20, 2009

SUZIE'S BUTTERFLY MITTS (C)

Thank you Jo NY, for testing this pattern.

Sizes:
M [L] Hand measured at knuckles 7.5” [8.5”]
Length approximately 7.5 inches

Materials:
Worsted weight about 2.5 ounces
H and I crochet hooks

Gauge: 6 sc = 2”. 7 sc rows = 2”

Notes:
1. Read instructions all the way through before beginning.
2. When joining with a slip stitch, pull the slip stitch tight.
3. Mitt length can be adjusted by working more rounds of cuff (rounds 1-6)
4. For a smaller mitt use G hook and change to H after the cuff.


Foundation chain: With H hook, ch 26 [28], join with slip stitch in first chain.

Round 1: Ch 2 (counts as hdc), hdc in each ch, ending with a slipstitch around ch 2, as if to front post. (26 [28] sts)

Rounds 2-6: Ch 2, *bphdc, around next hdc, fphdc around next hdc*, repeat ending with a slipstitch around ch 2, as if to front post. At end of round 6, join with a slipstitch in top of ch 2. (26 [28] sts)

Change to I hook for remainder of mitt.

Rounds 7-9: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, sc in each st. Join with a slipstitch in first sc. (26 [28] sc)

Rounds 10-11: Ch 2, (don’t count as first dc), dc in same st as join, dc in next 9 [10] dc. *Ch 6, skip 7 sts, dc in next 9 [10] dc. Join with slipstitch in beginning dc. (19 [21] dc and 1 ch 6 loop)

Round 12:
Ch 2, (don’t count as first dc), dc in same st as join, dc in next 9 [10] dc. *Ch 3, dc around both ch 6 loops into 4th of 7 skipped sc stitches of round 9, ch 3, dc in next 9 [10] dc. Join with slipstitch in beginning dc. (19 [21] dc and 1 butterfly)

Round 13: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, sc in next 9 [10] dc. *3 sc in ch 3 loop, sc in dc, 3 sc in ch 3 loop, sc in next 9 [10] dc. Join with slipstitch in beginning sc. (26 [28] sc)

Round (Right hand) 14: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, sc in next 19 [20] sts, ch 5 [6], skip 5 [6] sc, sc in 1 [1] sc. Join withslip stitch in first sc. (21 [22] sc and 1 ch 5 [6] loop)

Round (Left hand) 14: Ch 1, sc in same st as join, sc in next st, ch 5 [6], skip 5 [6] sc, sc in 20 [21] sc. Join with slipstitch in first sc. (21 [22] sc and 1 ch 5 [6] loop)

Rounds 15-16: Ch 1, sc in same st, sc in each st and ch, join with slipstitch in first sc. (26 [28]sc)

Round 17: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), hdc in each st, ending slipstitch around ch 2, as if to front post. (26 [28] hdc)

Rounds 18-20: Ch 2, * bphdc around next st, fphdc around next dc, repeat around ending with slipstitch around ch 2, as if to front post. (26 [28]sts)

Fasten off and weave in ends.


Optional Thumb:
Using a size H hook

Round 1: Join yarn with a slipstitch in the first skipped sc of Round 13. Ch 1, space 12 [14] sc around opening, 1 sc in each of the 5 [6] skipped sts and the unused loop of ch, sc in the sides of the sc in rnd 14. Join with slipstitch in first sc. (12 [14] sc)

Rounds 2-4: Ch 1, (don’t count as first hdc), hdc in each st around. Join with slipstitch in top of first hdc. (12 [14] hdc)

Round 5: Slip stitch in each st around. (12 [14] ss)

Fasten off. Weave in ends.


Comments:
Another nice pattern. Would go great with the hat.
 
That was the idea.
 
I've been following your blog for awhile & wanted to tell you that I've made some of your AWESOME patterns for friends & family (& some for me, too! :) ), & they have been received with great joy & appreciation. We have similar tastes, & making your items is almost like making my own designs. I've had to give up designing due to arthritis in my hands, but I'm blessed that I can still crochet. I always look forward to seeing what your next creation will be. Thank you for sharing your patterns.
 
I made your butterfly mitts and some hats with a butterfly too! Thank you for sharing your pattern!
http://cats-rockin-crochet.blogspot.com/2010/06/crochet-butterfly-hats-and-mitts.html
 
Love this pattern... quick and easy. Made a small pair for my little girl, adult pair for my mom, thinking about making more for our church's mission faire. They're so sweet and WARM!
 
I'm pleased to read you are enjoying the pattern.
 
So cute! I am going to try these for my daughter. She will love them!!
 
Thank you for your beautiful, talented, warm yarn hug ideas. I started crocheting to honor the memory of my grams. I lost her in the middle of a crisis and crocheting has helped make my life less sad. I love your butterfly patterns most because they represent hope. You should know that I share these yarn hugs with a lot of people who need hope.
Again, thank you so much.
Sincerely,
Laura
 
It pleases me to think of my patterns helping you through a rough patch of life.
 
I love making fingerless gloves and these are so cute! Thank you for sharing your creativity!
 
Can this be made bigger?
 
If you are a tight crocheter you could try a larger hook.
 
Round 10-11 not clear where to dc and 1 ch 6 loop? Noted at end. Help please.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?